Friday 29 October 2010

Rosken Bio Serum

Rosken is another brand that I had never heard of when I was asked to review one of their products but it turns out they are hugely popular on the other side of the globe - my research online revealed that they are in fact one of Australia’s most trusted and respected skincare ranges. Advertised as "experts in dry skin relief and repair", they offer three intensive treatments in their Skin Repair range: Feet & Heel Balm, Whitening & Firming Cream and the Bio Serum that we were sent to try out.

 The product's full name is a bit of a mouthful ! - it's called Rosken Skin Repair Bio Serum Intensive Skincare Oil. The label says it is recommended for dry skin, stretch marks, scarring, ageing skin and uneven pigmentation.
According to the blurb, "This multi-purpose intensive miracle oil is quickly absorbed and suitable for use on the face and body and can help to reduce skin conditions such as very dry skin, as well as the appearance of stretch marks, scarring, uneven skin tone and ageing skin. Suitable for massaging directly into skin, this super serum contains a combination of powerful antioxidant vitamins A and E, as well as soothing Chamomile Oil, Lavender Oil, Rosemary Oil, Rosehip Oil and Calendula Oil, all of which instantly seal in moisture and leave skin feeling smooth and healthy."

Well, I do have dry skin so I decided to try it out on my hands, and I also decided to give it a go on my stretch marks, although I don't actually expect anything to get rid of them totally ! The Rosken Bio Serum actually reminds me very much of another product - Bio Oil - that I tried out while still pregnant to try to reduce the appearance of stretch marks.

The one thing I don't like about oils is that they feel yucky when you put your clothes on afterwards and sometimes leave grease stains on them. An oil is by essence oily so I've always thought greasiness is unfortunately par for the course. Well, I'm not sure how they've managed it but Rosken have actually managed to create an oil that isn't as oily as I was expecting. It's surprisingly ungreasy and absorbs really well into the skin.

It has a lovely soothing lavender scent so it's great to incorporate this into your wind-down routine just before bed. I did try it on my face too but it's a serum, not a moisturiser, so I also applied my usual night cream over the top. I'd personally find it a bit heavy to use in the daytime.

So, did it magically make my stretch marks disappear overnight ? Well, no, but I wasn't expecting it to ! Also, for best results, they say to use it on a daily basis so, over time, it might help. The skin does feel less bumpy and the stretch marks are slightly less visible but I think that's possibly down to the nice sheen and softness my skin has after I've applied it because it seems to even out a lot of imperfections in skin tone.

If you desperately want to try to find a product to help prevent the appearance of stretch marks (or other imperfections, scars, wrinkles, or even just dry skin) or reduce their appearance after the event but you hate the idea of smothering yourself in a greasy oil, I'd highly recommend giving this a go. It's surprisingly ungreasy and, despite the small bottle, goes a really long way. You can also add a few drops to your bath for lovely soft, moisturised skin with zero effort. I was pleasantly surprised.

star rating : 4.5/5

RRP : £5.99 for 50ml

ROSKEN SKIN REPAIR range is available by mail order and from selected stockists nationwide. To place an order or for details of your nearest stockist call the ROSKEN SKIN REPAIR customer service line on 01403 280 860.
Other reviews you may be interested in :







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...