Wednesday 10 August 2011

Rimmel London VIP review : Vinyl Max Gloss



As I told you before, I am privileged to be a Rimmel Ambassador which means that I receive some of their latest products to give you the low-down on them. I have to admit, I've got a bit behind on the monthly missions but now that I'm on holiday, me-time is at an all time high so I'm having great fun pampering myself and trying out my stash of make-up and beauty products. Keep your eyes open as there will be more coming up over the coming weeks.


This month's mission was trying out the Vinyl Max Gloss, which promises voluptuous shine in one effortless stroke. When I'm at work, I literally have a couple of minutes to get ready in the morning, before getting the kids packed off to school or the childminder's and getting to the bus stop by 7am, so that immediately sounds great to me.


On paper, it sounds fantastic so I was keen to see if it would live up to the hype. Rimmel promise their most voluptuous wand ever for full coverage and high gloss shine. They explain : “Its soft fibres deposit a thicker gloss coat for voluptuous shine in one effortless stroke. Thanks to its ultra soft and smooth application, colour glides effortlessly with great cushioning feel. Our most plumping formula with magnifying complex based on Hyaluronic spheres to volumize, smooth lips and reduce fine lines and wrinkles for fuller, plumper lips. Intense colour formula for full coverage and an exceptional voluptuous look. Lightweight, non-sticky texture.” All sounds great so now it's the moment of truth – time to see if it lives up to the claims.


I tried it out on me and did find it plumped my lips up a bit - for a natural plumped look though, not a trout pout ! - but I don't really know if that was a trick of the light due to the glossiness or really extra volume. I love the colour and the shine and found it really easy to apply - one stroke of the wand really is enough. I let Sophie test it out for the photo above and she thought it was lovely too, although I still think she's too young for wearing make-up except for very special occasions (or helping me with reviewing !).

It's still slightly sticky but much less so than other lipglosses I've tried. It gives a really fresh look that is easy to work into a subtle daytime look or a jazzed up, more dramatic look for a night out.

star rating : 4.5/5

RRP : £5.49


Other reviews you may be interested in :


1 comment:

  1. Love this gloss - I have some myself!
    Ps- your daughter looks fab with it on! :)

    @hannahmdy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...