Friday 9 March 2012

No handshakes at the Olympics ? Handgel handshakes to the rescue ?

Following on from news earlier in the week that British athletes are being warned to avoid handshakes at the London 2012 Olympics, Radox have released the following release on how to avoid the spreading of germs. I have to say that - as a general rule - I'm not overly keen on using handgels too much, believing that you need access to a certain level of bacteria to build up your immune system. However, now that the sunshine is coming out and we're back to going to the park, playing in the dirt, stroking dogs, going to the grimy toilets then eating ice creams, I do generally keep a bottle in my pocket for "emergencies" ! The article from Radox contains some interesting facts too. I reviewed quite a few different hand sanitizers during the swine flu outbreak so check out my reviews at the bottom of the post.

*****************************************************



HANDGEL HANDSHAKE
- Keep hands clean with Radox antibacterial range -
 
 
It’s not just athletes though who need to careful when shaking hands as research shows we have between two and ten million bacteria between fingertip and elbow, and germs can stay alive on hands for up to three hours.
 
So this year keep yourself protected with hands that are clean and free from bacteria and germs using the Radox Hand Sanitizer Gel – it fits perfectly in your pocket and kills more than 99.9% of bacteria.
 
Be careful after the bathroom as well as damp hands spread 1,000 times more germs than dry hands and the number of germs on your fingertips doubles after you use the toilet. Surprisingly, up to half of all men and a quarter of women fail to wash their hands after they've been to the toilet.
 
Germs can also lurk hidden - millions of germs hide under watches and bracelets and there could be as many germs under your ring as there are people in Europe. Studies have also found that women's handbags are some of the biggest culprits for germs coming above the office phone and mats and machines at the gym in germ tests. 
 
Each Radox Hand Gel has the extra benefit of added moisturisers and great fragrances, leaving the hands cared for between washes and smelling fresh. Available in three different fragrances each hand gel has been designed to be used without the need for water or hand drying -  Radox Clean & Protect with thyme and tea tree oil, Radox Clean & Moisturise with chamomile and jojoba oil and Radox Clean & Refresh with lime and coriander. Hand Gels are available to purchase nationwide in supermarkets and leading independent chemists for £1.29 (RRP). 

You can follow Radox on facebook : http://www.facebook.com/radox

Other reviews you may be interested in :

 

2 comments:

  1. After the birth of both my children I went a bit hand gel crazy!! I had one in my car, one in my changing bag, one in the pushchair and if I could I would of had one hanging round my neck!! I'm not so bad now but I do still have one in my handbag as I think there are so many germs around now, it's a good idea to use it every so often

    ReplyDelete
  2. Before I had my son I kept some in my bag but I use it so much more for after he has been playing at the park etc. People round here let their dogs pee everywhere so it makes me feel so much safer.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...