Sunday 10 March 2013

Another week, another fruit & veg box !


Mrs Brown Sophie & Mum went shopping and they bought ...

some apples, oranges, tomatoes, courgettes, a mango, an orange pepper, a red pepper, an apple-pear and some lovely cherry tomatoes on the vine (which the Madhouse Mini-testers have been eating like sweets !). Oh and a red cabbage - which I don't know what to do with so I need your ideas and recipes ! Answers on a postcard - or in the comments box below !

Other blogposts you may be interest in :


Sunday weigh-in : Happy mother's day !

5 comments:

  1. I love red cabbage, I soften some apples and onions in oil, add the red cabbage, enough water to cover it and add 1 and a half tablespoons of both vinegar and brown sugar then boil till tender. What you don't eat you can freeze, I put bags in the freezer and warm them in the microwave when neeeded

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh sounds perfect - what do you eat it with? pork?

      Delete
  2. Its a must for us at Christmas. We have red cabbage and red onion slowly cooked in red wine (this keeps the colour and stops it going a grey/lilac colour . I do a big cook up of this as it freezes really well. We have it with roast dinners or as a side to chops meat,chicken, lamb,pork etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fab - ooh maybe I should do it in the slow cooker ?

      Delete
  3. Sorry I don't have any recipes but the two above sound tasty, I would love to recieve a fruit and veg box, they are such a good idea

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...