Monday 29 April 2013

Madhouse Recipe : Apple & Cranberry Crumble


I had some rather lovely local boscoop apples in last week's veg box so I decided to stick with something traditional and make a nice apple crumble.


To jazz things up a bit, after peeling and dicing the apples, I sprinkled them with a little brown sugar, a pinch of cinnamon and a generous handful of dried cranberries. I added a splash of water to help the apple cook.


As I was short on time (and still intent on clearing out my food cupboards), I cheated and used a bag of instant crumble mix but it's dead easy to make yourself.


I put it in the bottom of the oven for the last half hour while the roast was cooking, then turned off the oven while we ate and left it in there to stay warm.


The cranberries added a nice shaprness to contrast with the sweet apples.

Other blogposts you may be interested in :

Madhouse Recipe : Fruity Coleslaw

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...