Friday 23 August 2013

Cadbury Dairy Milk Pebbles review


It's a tough job being a blogger sometimes (*cough cough*), receiving all the new Cadbury creations to sample just as they hit the shops ! There was an audible squeal of delight at The Madhouse when we received some bags of Dairy Milk Pebbles to try out recently.



Described as "the latest joy-packed creation from Cadbury", these colourful little pebble-shaped bites of creamy Cadbury Dairy Milk chocolate are coated in a sugar shell and come in a handy sharing bag for the whole family to enjoy. Except they are so nice, I may have to just hide the bag and scoff it all by myself ! Tastewise and texturewise, they really remind me of Mini Eggs - they have that really satisfying crunch as you bite into them and they're totally moreish. They do look just like pebbles too so Pierre wasn't sure if he was really allowed to eat them or if I was having a joke with him at first !


To prove the point, those slightly barmy Cadbury people created a giant castle made of Dairy Milk Pebbles on Brighton beach ! The castle took a painstaking 400 hours to build by hand and contains over 90,000 individual Pebbles stuck together with around a quarter of a tonne of fondant icing and 20 kilos of icing sugar - eeeek ! Weighing in at approximately half a tonne, the castle stretches eight foot wide, making it one of the biggest and certainly the most colourful castle Brighton has ever seen !  The castle has now been moved to Cadbury World where you can visit it between Friday 23rd and Tuesday 27th August.

I love the new Dairy Milk Pebbles but I have to admit, I don't think I'd manage to eat the entire castle, even with the help of the rest of the Madhouse family !

star rating : 5/5

RRP : £2.03 for 140g

Disclosure : We received the product in order to write an honest review.

Other reviews you may be interested in :

Dairy Milk Freddo Faces review

4 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous of you getting some of these to try, you lucky thing. I must admit I bought some of these the other week and since then I've been hooked. They are so, so yummy, very easy to eat a whole bag in one sitting too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You won't be jealous when I do my next weigh-in !! lol

      Delete
  2. Ooooh! I must buy some of these to try. Are they all milk chocolate? must admit i saw some in the supermarket but thought there was white chocolate inside too which I don't like. Love the castle. we are really close to cadbury's world but i am ashamed to say we have never took the kids......yet! Great review as always

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...