Monday 18 November 2013

Jakemans' Minis review


As a teacher, one of the most annoying minor ailments is getting a croaky voice because it means you can't shout when you need to ! I was therefore very pleased when Jakemans sent me through some of their menthol confectionery to try out.

It was interesting because I always think of menthol as being useful for unblocking bunged-up noses, but wouldn't have immediately associated it with soothing sore throats. It actually does both though. The manufacturers explain : "Jakemans’ marvellous menthol confections are packed full of decongesting menthol - each sweet is carefully infused with menthol, a clever ingredient that helps to soothe the symptoms of a sore throat by providing stimulating vapours, which also helps to keep the nose clear."

My favourites are the Honey & Lemon Menthol Minis which are very effective at soothing a sore throat but also taste lovely. I wasn't so keen on the Throat & Chest ones, because they taste of aniseed or licorice, both flavours that I'm not keen on, and also flavours that linger for a very long time after you've finished one of the sweets. Madhouse Daddy has put them in the car and they seem to be disappearing very quickly though !

It's a great product to stock up on over the winter months, so that you have some at hand when needed. They're much more convenient (and mess-free) than trying to take cough medicine when out and about or at work and I love the fact that they target both your nose and your throat so I'll definitely be keeping a bag of the Honey & Lemon ones in my drawer at work for when I start getting a sore throat or annoying tickly cough in the middle of class. (And then the kids can all say "Oooh Miss, you're not allowed to eat sweets in class" and I reply "No, you're not, I am" !)

star rating : 4/5

RRP : 60p for 100g

Disclosure : I received the product in order to write an honest review.

Other reviews you may be interested in :

BritMums’ #ORALBLoveYourGums Challenge

Bassetts Soft & Chewy Vitamins Fab Free Soft Play Promotion

It's Eczema Awareness Week - New free app for little eczema sufferers to enjoy

2 comments:

  1. I love the cherry flavour ones. They always ease my sore throat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honey & Lemon are my favorites too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...