Friday 21 March 2014

Blue Dragon Wasabi Plum Shot review


Last night, we wanted a quick evening meal so I looked in the cupboard for a cooking short-cut. As I've been busy clearing out my cupboards for the past few months, the sachets and jars that are left are things that didn't really appeal to me that much to be honest. This Blue Dragon Wasabi Plum Shot was one such example - I'd received it in a try-me-free promotion then never got around to using it. The word wasabi put me off because I really don't like the taste of wasabi (on the rare occasions that I've tried it with sushi) or the fact that it is so hot, it tends to remove the roof of your mouth ! Nevertheless, I snipped off a corner and had a taste and was pleasantly surprised - it is a sweet sauce, reminiscent of mango chilli dipping sauce, with a very subtle warmth coming through from (I think) ginger.


I had some pork defrosted in the fridge that I chopped up small and stir-fried, along with a bag of Chinese-style vegetables. I squeezed in the contents of the sachet which was plenty for two (plus leftovers).


It really livened up the meat and vegetables and would be a great way of using up leftovers after a Sunday roast.

A serving (half of the 140g sachet) provides 172 calories, 1.2g of protein, 24.7g of carbs (of which 21.1g sugars), 0.9g of fat (of which 0g saturates), 1.2g of fibre and 0.43g of salt.

Much nicer than I expected !

star rating : 4/5

RRP : not sure, I got it for free and can't find it online so maybe it's been discontinued?


Other blogposts you may be interested in :

Madhouse recipe : Sicilian Cherry Tomato & Pesto Tart

2 comments:

  1. I'm the same with wasabi or anything else that sets your mouth on fire however I must say it looks really good :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It wasn't spicy at all, to my surprise - just a slight warmth from the ginger

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...