Friday 7 March 2014

Olay Total Effects 7-in-1 Moisturiser + Serum Duo review


Having come to the end of my pot of moisturiser, I headed off to the bathroom cupboard to see if I had anything else lurking in there, from a review or a competition win. Sure enough, I came up with this bottle of Olay Total Effects 7-in-1 Moisturiser + Serum Duo. As I'm very low-maintenance when it comes to a beauty regime, I love having a multitasking product that I can just slap on in the morning or at night and have it cover all my skincare needs.


I love the look of the product in the bottle. It's a pale cream with swirls of darker product all the way through that brings to mind coffee and vanilla mousse or cookies and cream ice cream.


It comes with a pump nozzle which makes it easy to dispense just the right amount and is also mess-free. The bottle is quite small so you could easily keep it in your handbag or drawer at work.


My first impression was that it looked quite heavy and, sure enough, when I first rubbed some on to my face, it covered the skin in quite a dense layer of whiteness.


I was expecting this to feel sticky or greasy but within 30 seconds of rubbing it into my skin, there was no residue left and just a sensation of deep hydration, not greasiness. My skin felt instantly softer and all feelings of dryness or tightness had disappeared.I thought my skin looked fresher too (although I was perturbed at how hairy my face looks in this light ! I know how famous singers feel now when the backlighting makes them look like their legs are as hairy as those of a Yeti !)

I was intrigued to see what the 7-in-1 claim was all about and went to investigate. This product apparently contains Total Effect's highest concentration of proven age-defying ingredients (Nicacinamide, N-Acetyl-Glucosamine), the highest intensive hydration (Pro-Vitamin B5, hydration moisture spongex) and the highest daily protection (Anti-Oxidants, Including Vitamin E and C, SPF 20).

Adding this daily moisturiser to your routine should help fight the following 7 signs of ageing:

• LINE MINIMISATION: visibility reduces the appearance of fine wrinkles
• LOSS OF FIRMNESS: hydrates for firmer skin appearance
• VISIBLE PORES: minimises the appearance of pores
• UNEVEN TONE: balances skin tone and visibly reduces appearance of age spots
• UNEVEN SKIN TEXTURE: smooths and evens out skin texture
• DRYNESS: provides nourishing moisturisation
• DULLNESS: gives skin a healthy radiant look

I've been using it for a couple of weeks and I have to say, I'm impressed so far.

star rating : 4.5/5

RRP : £14.99 for 40ml




Other blogposts you may be interested in :

Wilkinson Sword Xtreme 3 Beauty razors review

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...