Saturday 27 September 2014

Ben & Jerry's can definitely Satisfy My Bowl !


In order to celebrate the 30th anniversary of Bob Marley’s album Legend , Ben & Jerry's have decided to pay tribute to the man who dedicated his life to bringing people together through music and have launched a brand new flavour called ‘Satisfy my Bowl’. It is a heady mix of banana ice cream, caramel, cookie swirls and chocolatey peace signs.

What makes this partnership all the sweeter is that proceeds from the special edition flavour will enable the 1Love Foundation and Partners for Youth Empowerment to empower young people in Jamaica, and continue Bob Marley’s legacy of using music to change the world.

Sadly (for me!), the flavour seems to a huge hit because I have yet to find a tub - every time I go to the shops, it's sold out. But, as I salivated in front of the freezer clutching my voucher, I decided that Ben & Jerry's had more than one way of satisfying my bowl !


I opted for this tub of Strawberry Shortcake Greek Style Frozen Yogurt.


I was a bit worried that it would be too healthy to be indulgent but I needn't have worried - this is Ben & Jerry's after all !


It's a lovely creamy Greek-style FroYo swirled with juicy strawberry bits and crumbly shortcake biscuit pieces. It's utterly divine and it doesn't compromise on taste and wow-factor at all, despite being a lower fat option. Just glancing through the Ben & Jerry's options on my FitBug food tracker, most of the classic flavours contain 240-270 calories per 100ml whereas the frozen yogurt varieties provide 140-160. The difference in fat content is even more impressive - most of the classic Ben & Jerry's ice cream varieties have about 10-15g of fat per 100ml whereas as the frozen yogurt options have 2-4g, making them a relatively diet-friendly choice - woohoo !

star rating : 5/5

Satisfy My Bowl is available nationwide from the 15th September, RRP £4.49 for 500ml, from all major supermarkets, and the flavour can also be found at scoop shops. The Greek Frozen Yogurt range comes in several flavours : Strawberry Shortcake, Raspberry Chocolatey Chunk, Vanilla Honey Caramel.

for more information :  http://www.benjerry.co.uk/

Disclosure : I received a voucher in order to write an honest review.

Other blogposts you may be interested in :

Getting back into school routine with the Birds Eye #Afterschoolchefs Challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...