Friday 8 January 2016

#KitchenClearout recipe : Pork & Apricot Curry


Earlier in the week, I had some roast pork to use up after Sunday dinner. Usually I just reheat it in gravy along with the chopped up leftover roast potatoes and veggies, but this time, I fancied doing something a bit different.


I decided to have a bit of a mini #KitchenClearout so I went to see if I had a jar of cooking sauce to jazz things up. I found a pouch of curry sauce that had a best before date of November 2015 (oops !) and digging a bit deeper, I found the end of a bag of dried apricots, a few flaked almonds from a baking challenge hamper and some coconut water. That sounded like the makings of a fab pork curry (and it had the added advantage of freeing up some cupboard space !).

 Pork & Apricot Curry


ingredients :

2 large onions
3 mushrooms
a drizzle of oil
some leftover roast pork (about 4 thick slices)
a handful of dried apricots
a pouch/jar of curry sauce
some coconut water (optional)
flaked almonds


Everything savoury in the Madhouse kitchen starts with a couple of chopped up onions ! Toss them in the pan with the oil and start to cook over a gentle heat while you quarter the mushrooms and chop the pork into cubes.


Throw in the pork and mushrooms and cook for 5-8 minutes until completely reheated.


Add the curry sauce and coconut water (or water) if needed. Simmer for 10 minutes.


Serve with rice and sprinkle with flaked almonds.


What's lurking in your larder? Use it up or throw it out and join in with the #KitchenClearout linky !

4 comments:

  1. Yes, you're definitely my blogging twin, we have similar tastes and ideas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It made me smile when I read your post because they were so similar ... and that often happens with Alison too ! Very freaky !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm gonna have a kitchen clear out,and see what delicious recipes i can come up with x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...