Friday 18 November 2016

What's Cooking at The Madhouse? menu plan 18/11


Soups, casseroles and stews seem to be our go-to meals at the moment - the weather's dismal so we all want winter warmers to combat the wind, rain and cold outside. They're all quick and simple to throw together too so there are no complaints from me ! I want to have a clear-out in the freezer this week and use up some of the odds and ends that have been lingering in there for a while.

Saturday 

lunch - our traditional weekly trip to McDonald's to ease into the weekend

dinner - homemade soup of some shape or form - I might even make some homemade bread too if I have time - I saw an intriguing recipe for cloud bread the other day that I might try

Sunday

lunch - roast dinner with all the trimmings

dinner - leftover soup if there is any - the kids ate the soup I made last week so they may have polished it all off already, in which case it will be smorging, or cheese on toast

Monday 

dinner - I have some wild boar haggis in the freezer, which I think I'll use up with a red lentil side dish of some description

Tuesday 

dinner - beef goulash pie with mash, peas & carrots

Wednesday 

lunch - fajitas

dinner - cheesy leeks wrapped in bacon with rice

Thursday 

dinner - Spanish chicken with potatoes (which was on the menu a couple of weeks ago but never got made)

Friday 

dinner - locro de papa, potato and cheese soup

***Click on my Menu Plans tag to see all my other weekly menu plan blogposts.***

Join in with the weekly meal plan bloghop !


2 comments:

  1. Everything sounds yummy! Wild boar haggis must be very rich.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bumped this one over to last week so I've already made it - I did find it a bit too rich and it had quite a gamey taste, that I'm not overly keen on.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...